[IP] 508 error /freeze of all buttons question

I have a 508.  It is my second as the first malfunctioned and Minimed
quickly sent me a refurbished model.  Today, I bolus for lunch but got no
response from any button.  I tapped and tapped for about a minute before O
got anything or any button to work.  I calledMinimed and the rep said that
the pump recalilibrates constantly and this delay may occur and is normal.
I have had the pump for two years and never have had this happen.  Anyone