[IP] Re: Problems with basals?

> <<she is excersing at the gym 3-4 times a week now. Maybe this excercise
> means
> I have to lower basal rate or should I wait another day? My husband says
> lower it immediately.
> We have been on the lowish side this week. I think the new activity is
> having effect on her b.g.s>>

Hi Yvonne,
     I can't remember how long Eileen has had DM.  But Claire will be at 5
years next month, and every spring her insulin needs have decreased by enough
to cause lows.  This occurs even without increased activity--when we lived in
Ireland the wind and rain didn't stop just because it was "spring"!  But her
daily dose had to be decreased anyhow.
     Just a thought you might consider, a possible effect along with the
increased exercise.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7