[IP] Re: lows and partners

Ann Wall wrote about lows:
"...Fortunately, I don't tend to take it out on my fellow workers or those
strangers I've accosted, but my poor husband.  I suppose other partners have
experienced the same????"

Here, Hubby before pumping would become very combative when really low so I
learned to duck fast.  Found using frosting and just trying to smear some on
his lips in between ducks would work most times (sweet taste would get him
to lick his lips).  But then there was the low many years ago, 2 weeks
post-St. Pat's Day at 4 AM where had to call EMT's who arrived to Hubby in
bathrobe, walking around with these Kelly green lips....green frosting had
been on sale.
Have noticed since he's been pumping that he doesn't get as nasty and is
more receptive to testing for or even picking up on a possible low without
any suggestion, and real lows are rare now.  A great treat for me, I'll tell
you.  He knows that if he gets a reading of "60" an hour or more before he
plans to eat lunch or dinner, can pop a glucose tab, get to "80" and hold
until the meal.
Marj of Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list);
and "Ace, the PP" (portable pancreas)