Re: [IP] problems with basals?

--- Yvonne Nicolas <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Last night,checked Eileen before heading out to
> dinner, was 90. She didnt
> eat much lunch, but was grazing here and then. Less
> than an hour later, at
> 8:15 p.m. approx., while we were waiting to be
> seated at the restaurant, she
> asks to check, feels funny, bg ws 36! No excercise
> during the day, although
> she is excersing at the gym 3-4 times a week now.
> Maybe this excercise means
> I have to lower basal rate or should I wait another
> day? My husband says
> lower it immediately.

The exercise is probably having an effect, especially
if she hasn't been doing any exercise.  I run and if I
take off for awhile and when I start back up, I'll go
low for about a week and i usually just eat more or
lower my bolus. but once your body gets use to the
exercise, things level off.  It is one of the reasons
I find that my sugars are best controlled if I
exercise consistently.(5-6days a week)