Re: [IP] Re: Problems with Quicksets/ Diabetes & pump burnout

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> I've started to have problems with rashes and
> irritation after 2 1/2 years of
> pumping.  I thought at first it was the IV300 tape
> but now it seems more like
> it is the wings of the Sof-set.
I've had same problems with soft-sets. seemed to start
with a bout of poison ivy. But also seemed to come and
go. And I also pulled out numerous quicksets
(especially if on buttocks). I found a piece of tape(i
use medical tape) over the quickset works fine, but u
have to be very careful u don't pull the site out when
u pull the tape off when disconnecting. With the
quicksets at least the irritation is gone and my
stomach is looking much better. I've also been pumping
about 2 1/2 yrs. and find these problems come and go.
Like 3 weeks ago I could feel a burning on every bolus
(use Humalog), was thinking of changing to Novolog.
But it went away. my site problems seem to be as
mysterious as some of my BS readings.  I feel that is
the biggest problem with D is it's unpredictability.

Do You Yahoo!?