[IP] Hot flashes

I did a search in Paper Chase yesterday.  It is conclusive that
menopause causes insulin resistance in many cases.  I suppose that is
why postmenopausal women are being diagnosed with type II.  So it sounds
reasonable that those hot flashes are connected with the onset of
menopause.  I don't think it is reasonable for a doc to know everything
and something like this is esoteric enough that I can understand that
you were told there was no correlation between your bg's fluctuating and
the hot flashes.  Never mind.  You know better now.  It's a comfort just
knowing that it isn't us per se, but something else we have no control