[IP] Hot Flashes

It's difficult to figure out whether the symptoms are hot flashes or low
bg's.  That's when I use my meter to tell me.

I'm not worried about a "cure" for the hot flash per se.  I'm more
concerned about controlling my bg's than anything else.  HRT is not a
viable option because of its side effects, i.e., the alleged kidney
involvement with taking HRT.

I've read some medical papers this afternoon which state that menopause
causes increased insulin resistance.  I guess that is why post
menopausal women develop type II??

Has anyone not taking HRT found the need to increase her insulin usage
after menopause as contrasted to prior to menopause?

Thank you for all your answers.  I appreciate your responses.