Re: [IP] Afternoon Nap then BS Up

> If I take a very deep nap(30-60 min.) in the afternoon my BS goes up. I
awake like I am coming out of a deep well and it takes several hrs to clear
the effect. Insulin is necessery to bring it down. It is almost like a dawn
effect.
> Does anyone else have such an effect? Thanks ahead of time.
> Eddie

Yes, this happens to me almost every time. So depending on my pre-nap BG and
how long I figure to sleep, I do a square wave, usually .5 to 1.0u. It's
worked well so far.

This phenomenon seems to reflect my nocturnal pattern as well. That is, my
BG spikes just after a fall asleep for about 2-3 hours and then drops
significantly the remainder of the night. So I up my nocturnal basal for the
first 2-3 hours about .5u and then cut it about .2 for the remainder. This
has without a doubt been the hardest part of adjusting going from shots to
pump--I used to take a small NPH shot before bed and be good all night.
Still working on it. Just goes to show you YMMV and you have to experiment
until you find what works best for you.

JP

> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
> Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/p
romos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html