RE: [IP] switching from shots to pump and conversion of dosage

I started in Dec 01.  My pump trainer took my MDI dosages,reduced the total by
1/3.  Then  divided the dose  in half.  One half for my basal rate(divided by
24---for 24 hours in a day).  Then the other half made up my boluses(divided
by 3 for 3 meals).  I started on MDI at 57 units a day.  Now I use 32+/- on a
given day.  The flat rate basal lasted for awhile. Then we started tweaking it
as things changes.  NOTE:  PMS week will send you into orbit,so get ready.  I
use 32 units daily for 3 weeks, then when I hit PMS week my doses increase
astronomically.  Right now I am up to 42-45 from 32.  And I am not getting
good control(always 200+ and as high as 450).  Hysterectomy in May for other
reasons, but I won't be sorry to stop this rollercoaster.  Hope this helps.