Re: [IP] switching from shots to pump and conversion of dosage

In a message dated 3/17/2002 2:33:43 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I was wondering if anyone remembered what their dosage was before they
 switched over to the pump.  Also, did anyone take different doses of NPH
 (or similar long-acting insulin) at breakfast and dinner?  Did you start
 on a constant basal rate?
Hi Emily -
    When I first started on the Pump, my Endo also put me on a constant rate.
This was somewhere to start, and from there, you can adjust your basals per
    Good Luck, you are going to Love being on the pump! But remember to give
it some time. It took me about 2 months to get things figured out, and finely
    Jan G.

Yours Sincerely - Janet :>)