Re: [IP] Blood Donations

Heidi Vogan <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  Did they test for CMV when you (first) gave blood,or
> did you find out some other way(and what was the blood
> test)?

The Red Cross did it when I donated.  It's one of the standard tests done on
all blood.  When they find a CMV free donor, they endorse the blood donors
card (mine says CMV Hero).  Now when I donate, the attach a large, white
card that says "Special Handling", and the CMV box is checked.

Jim Handsfield