Re: [IP] Re: blood donations

From: <email @ redacted>

<but the 5th time I always have a low iron reading and I am turned away. You
can imagine the stares you get when you leave the exam room and don't get to
move onto the donation area.>

You should NEVER feel bad about being turned away.

We had a blood drive at work and 3 of my staff and I went to give blood.  My
staff ranges in age from 29 to 36 and none have diabetes.  I am 54 with
diabetes.  I was the only one who was accepted for a donation that day!  One
had the remnants of a sore throat and two were anemic.  Every time I've gone
to give blood, many potential donors are turned away for one reason or
another.  That you are successfully able to give blood 4 times a year is
fantastic.  Don't beat your self up!  You're a marvelous donor.