Re: [IP] Blood Donations

In a message dated 3/15/02 2:19:45 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I donated blood a couple of weeks ago. Was asked a ton of questions about
where I had lived, with whom I had had sex and with whom that person had had
sex, illegal drug use, type of insulin, travel, medical treatments and
medications,and a bunch of other stuff that boggled my mind -- such as "Are
you giving blood to obtain HIV test results?"!!!!!

After all those questions, the interviewer manipulated a form so that two tabs
rose above the surface. He told me that the one on the left signified that I
did not want my blood to be retained and the one on the right signified that I
did want my blood to be used. He told me to select one, place it on the form
which I had just signed -- the one with all the questions. Then he turned his
back, and I selected one of the tabs and placed it on the form.

This is the first time I've given blood in years and years. I was more than a
little flabbergasted at the extensive questioning and totally flummoxed at the
"Use/Toss" tab process.

We're definitely not in Kansas anymore!! >>

That's what I'm talking about if you are hiv you can still donate blood,, and
they told me diabetic blood is tossed just like hiv blood!!
If you choose the (use tab )they screen it and then toss it out(if it is
h.i.v or diabetic)
Thats just what they told me , I wanna donate but they will not use it and
I'm NOT H.I.V. just diabetic