Re: [IP] Blood Donations

I donated blood a couple of weeks ago. Was asked a ton of questions about
where I had lived, with whom I had had sex and with whom that person had had
sex, illegal drug use, type of insulin, travel, medical treatments and
medications,and a bunch of other stuff that boggled my mind -- such as "Are
you giving blood to obtain HIV test results?"!!!!!

After all those questions, the interviewer manipulated a form so that two tabs
rose above the surface. He told me that the one on the left signified that I
did not want my blood to be retained and the one on the right signified that I
did want my blood to be used. He told me to select one, place it on the form
which I had just signed -- the one with all the questions. Then he turned his
back, and I selected one of the tabs and placed it on the form.

This is the first time I've given blood in years and years. I was more than a
little flabbergasted at the extensive questioning and totally flummoxed at the
"Use/Toss" tab process.

We're definitely not in Kansas anymore!!!