RE: [IP] Blood Donations and Organs

At 10:43 AM 3/15/02, you wrote:
>Michael English [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
> > If it's ok to donate blood if your in good health, what about
> > becoming
> > an organ donor??
>Well, they may not want your pancreas.  8-)
>But as long as the organs themselves are healthy, there's no reason why not.
>I have a signed and witnessed donor card in my wallet.
>Jim Handsfield
>email @ redacted OR
>email @ redacted
>The opinions expressed are mine and may not represent those of my wife who
>runs our house and makes more important decisions than I do.

I certainly hope that those who are healthy enough to sign donor cards
(both DM'ers and non DM'ers) do so, and TALK  TO YOUR FAMILY about your
decision.  They will be making the decision to donate your organs when you
go.  It is a very important decision to make, and the decision you make,
may save someone's life.  I'm grateful that someone else made that
decision, as I had a kidney transplant back in 1997 that has kept me alive.