RE: [IP] Trolling for an answer

email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Ok but are they a drug??? coffee is a drug!

Well . . . caffeine might be a drug depending on how it's used.  In order
for a substance to be a drug it has to be administered with the intent of
causing, stopping, or otherwise altering a physiological process.

> so,,,,,,, why
> not Insulin and if
> they are not a (drug) why do you need a rx. for them?? (
> international
> arrangement )?hu?lol

The arrangement you are referring to was insisted upon by Banting and Best,
but is very specific to insulin, which is defined as a natural product
derived from living pancreases.  Since Humalog and Novolog are not so
derived, they do not fall under that umbrella.  And, because these product
are administered with the intent of altering a physiological process, they
fall under the FDA definition of a drug.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR