[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #182 Anyone changed to Animas from Minimed?

Orignial Message
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:44:59 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Anyone changed to animas from minimed?
>I have just received a new animas pump, after using a Minimed 507c for >3
>1/2 years.  (Yes, insurance did approve it).  The reason for a new >pump at
>this time was that my basal profiles change so frequently with
> >perimenopause, and having multi-profiles set up that could be changed
> >asily was deemed a significant improvement.  (I have twice made >mistakes
>in changing the basals, both caught within a day, but >functioning well at
>precise tasks when my blood sugars have just gone >way up or way down has
>never been my forte.) .<snip>

>Linda Z

I used a MiniMed 504 for 4 years and then a 507 for 5 years.  I really
missed the clicks at first.  I never hear my pump except when it is right
next to my head.  I really had a hard time at first with batteries, priming
and hearing the alarm but after almost 5 months I love it. The only thing I
really dislike about it is is when you suspend it beeps too frequently but I
have set up one of my basal profiles for 0.0 units for 24 hours so it does
not beep as often. You must have good hearing.  I do not have problem with
seeing the screen but I have excellent vision. Good luck.

Joyce Walsh