[IP] Recipe for a "perfectly fit" (was "Timing of bolus...")

Dear Barbara (and all other people who find this topic interesting),

you basically have two options:

1. Become a guinea pig: Take an "insulin analog" that acts so quick that you will neither spike nor plummet (since it goes as fast as it comes)

2. Deal with the fact that "regular" insulin takes a while to start working (and also takes a while to stop working).

Personally, I do the latter.

I'll bet there probably is some kind of meal that you could eat that might actually "perfectly fit" the way regular insulin lowers blood sugar, such that you could actually walk a straight line of 100 mg/dl from before you eat to 1 hr. pp, to 2 hrs. pp, to 3 hrs pp,... (depending on the amount of regular insulin you injected, keep going to 4, 5, or more hours). If anyone does figure out such a meal, could you please tell me:

1. What it was
2. What time of day you ate it
3. Whether you were doing any sports while eating, or perhaps before or after
4. Wheher or not you were sitting in a hot bathtub (anytime within say 5 hrs. of injection)
5. Whether or not your spouse said he/she was moving out and left you alone with three crying babies (or similar stressful event)
... etc., etc., -- oh, yes and
X. Whether it tasted good or bad

I'm looking forward to marvelous recipes!

(I hope anyone reading this has started smiling by now)

:-)

See ya later,

Norbert