RE: [IP] Re: Yet another drs appt

College policies don't cover everything.

My son was diagnosed w/Type ? in his last year of college while attending
Univ. of FL.  They sent him to Shands since I had done finger tests on him
for a week and told him to go to dr.  Anyway, they gave him a glucose meter
and strips and put him on glucophage and covered it all.   However, I think
this was because they had him under one of their studies.

You can obtain a copy of the college insurance papers and call and check
with them.

I know when my daughter was in college and needed to see endo for her
thyroids, they had a deductible and therefore, her labs and office visits
never got covered and they never covered her prescriptions for synthroid.

Best advice is to check first before you make the switch.

Kathy B.