Re: [IP] insurance issues

> I don't quite understand something here.  My daughter is 18, but
> since she's a full-time college student, she is covered under my
> employer's plan (through age 23).  Also, she is eligible for
> coverage through the University of Miami for a little over $700 a
> year.  I'm not sure if that plan would cover diabetic supplies, and
> of course the legal requirements will vary from state to state.
> Perhaps your schools offer something similar?

Many school plans do not cover "durable medical supplies". Basically
that means that strips and insulin would usually be covered but not
infusion supplies. Most of those plans also have a very low cap. My
daughters is $1200 as I recall -- enough for a few months of strips.
Fortunately she is covered by our family insurance and the school
plan basically sucks up our deductible for her.