[IP] FYI Free monitors at Meijers

Hi everyone,
  I'm on the digest and read it when I have time. I wrote the original
e-mail that referred to Meijer's giving away free monitors when you bought
100 strips.
   The second person who responded to that post started talking about brands
of pumps instead of MONITORS, so the post got side tracked from the subject
line and everyone answered that person's post through this post's subject
line.  The original post went this way:

Hi Everyone,
   I live in the Metro Detroit area of Michigan and for Diabetes Awareness
Week, Meijer's Grocery store has 6 different monitors that are FREE with the
purchase of 100 strips (of course) and the coupon from their paper (if you
don't have a paper, you can always get one at the door).  The monitors they
list are, "Glucometer Elite", "Dex", "Accu-Chek Advantage Meter", "Accu-Chek
Active Meter", "FreeStyle Meter" and the Meijer Brand IQ Blood Glucose
Meter".  This is good thru 3/16/02.
   I think that even if your insurance pays for the strips you still get the
meter free.
   Hope this info helps someone.
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 9