  From: jhughey
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 4:19 PM
  Subject: [IP] kids complication-free

  >>>I really do object to blanket statements made by those 'doctors' that
  should know better that "kids are protected from complications throughout
  their youth".
  </rant>
  Michael >>>

  This puts a new wrinkle on my *kid* thoughts. When I was dx'ed at 11.5
  (1950) Mom would tell lots of people I could eat whatever I wanted or they
  wanted to offer cuz *it won't hurt her now, it will later.*  As a kid, I
  heard it as Mom not caring that I'd be hurt later from what I was eating at
  the time. I now see it as perhaps someone told her I wouldn't get
  complications because I was a kid - the complications would come later
  though not caused by the early years. I have no idea what she was
instructed
  and/or retained then.

  But then, I was never given hope that I would live much past childhood,
  either - which more or less confirmed my thoughts that she didn't care to
  protect me. So what, I wouldn't live long enough to get any complications.
  Ya just never know how a kid is going to interpret something. YMMV (~_^)

  @

  Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like." His son said there
were
  a lot he didn't like after he met them.