Re: [IP] Need support

>  My 14 year old daughter has been on the pump (507C) for almost 3
>  years and has done very well, in general. Yesterday, we found out
>  that latest HbA1c was way up -- 8.4.  It's usually 7.1 or below.
>  It's just so frustrating sometimes -- The doctor wants her to change
> her rotate her sites more (she tend to only to use her stomach),
> check 2 hours after every meal, and do 12 AM and 3 AM checks. This
>  means nine checks a day.  We'll do it but this is extremely hard on
>  a teenager, especially all this testing in school. Any thoughts?

We're going through the same thing right now with my 16 y/o daughter Liz. She
just switched over from Humalog to Novalog and that has definitely had a
positive impact on her bg's.
I agree with Michael about having our daughter's be well adjusted rather than
breathing down their necks and "doing it right".
Besides hormones there's the stress that comes from school, boyfriends,
girlfriends, work, parents AND worrying about if your bg's are going to be
high the next time you check.
Good luck and know that you are not alone in this!

Linda V