Re: [IP] Leg pains.

> No, I doubt if it's neuropathy. Kids don't normally show that until
> into adulthood. Many doctors and lectures I've heard say that kids
> seem to have a 'protection' throughout their youth against
> complications.
Comments like those above by medical professionals really don't help
at all. Complications occur with people of all ages. Both my daughter
dx'd 7 years ago, and Renee's daughter dx'd ~5 years ago leak protein
from their kidneys. One of Lily's counselers at diabetes camp was
only 20 and already had undergone laser surgery to both eyes due to
diabetic retinopathy. The view that kids are somehow magically
protected is a "MYTH" that can only politely be described as "urban

Granted these kids are in the minority, but it does happen. I suspect
that Josh's leg pains are like my son's leg pains -- growing pains or
whatever you want to call them, not neuropathy .... Lily's siblings
have all complained of such things at one time or another.
I really do object to blanket statements made by those 'doctors' that
should know better that "kids are protected from complications
throughout their youth".