RE: [IP] Dawn Phenomenon?

Oh, my!  I am the queen of dawn phenomenon!  I have to raise my basals as early as 2 a.m. to keep the morning bg down. I have gone from .7 to 1.1 during that time.  Anything less and I am way high.  They explained it to me as your body releasing cortisol to get ready to get up in the morning.  The cortisol sends some people's bg into orbit.  I have had to do many 12 midnight and 2 and 3 a.m. bg checks to learn this about my body.  I was already high at 3 so I increased my basal at 2 because I saw a sharp rise about 2:30a.m.  I still start the day about 110-150 each day, but I can handle that with a bolus in the morning. My goal is to use as little insulin as possible to keep the weight off.    YMMV....