[IP] Re:hip problems

In a message dated 3/12/02 4:21:31 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I was wondering if anyone else has had hip problems dealing with lack of
flexibility/movement? >>

Despite my coronary artery disease, I had been considering myself in fairly
good shape with walking or serious hiking nearly every day and occasional
weight training.  But the yoga class I started last month has made me realize
my lack of flexibility -- I knew about the frozen shoulders, of course, but
the pain and cramping I get with hip-related movements seems far beyond what
the other mostly older people in my class are getting.  (Yes, I pull back if
it hurts.)  I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis in the hip, and have
been wondering if there is a connection, in either direction.

And a vent:  I really resent having both CAD and osteoporosis and still
having to menstruate!  My hormones only seem useful to make my blood sugars
unstable (at which they are VERY proficient).  (Well, I didn't really expect
any of you to be able to do anything about that, but thought there might be
other diabetic women that identify).

Linda Z