Re: [IP] Need support

In a message dated 3/12/2002 6:29:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> use her stomach), check 2 hours after every meal, and do 12 AM and 3 AM
> checks. This means nine checks a day.  We'll do it but this is extremely
> hard
> on a teenager, especially all this testing in school. Any thoughts?

Maybe doctor means to do those checks ONLY til you have a better basal and
bolus set-up...the information wouldn't be useful after you have things
running smoothly.  We are pumping about 1.5 weeks.  I check at 2 hours post
meal to see if the bolus was about right for the meal and also to help me
understand how much before the meal I should bolus (arm shots were always
right before the meal).  The night checks will help you know if the basals
are correct.  Once you have made the desired adjustments, you will see
results and may not need the 2 hour after.
I always check at 3 a.m, even when things are smooth, just to make sure pump
is running...always checked with injections too, to avoid big surprises in
the a.m.