[IP] Occlusion Alarms

I think the occlusion alarm feature is a very important one to understand. From several of the posts it appears that the MM 508 alarms after more than 7 units is non-
delivered and the Paridigm is if 3 units is not delivered.

I have been a pumper for more than 7 years.  I used a Disetronic H Tron which I beleive alarmed if 3 units were not delivered.  I NEVER received an occlusion alarm, I would
only discover 350+ blood sugars and realize that my infusion set was kinked.

I have used the Animas now for more than I year and I truely beleive that it has a proven Rapid Occlusion Detection system of less than 1 to 2 units non-delivered.  You can
set it for a 1 or 2 unit non delivered setting.  I beleive this because I have had 6 occlusion alarms in the past year and when I pulled the infusion set it was bent, but my
blood sugars were not above 160!!! To me this pump has a proven occlusion system.

An occlusion alarm of after 3 units can mean DKA for some of us.