Re: [IP] Units per Inch of tubing

In a message dated 3/11/2002 6:11:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> > I set Josh up with a new set and cartridge and tubing yesterday and made
> > note
> > that it took 12.6 units to fill his 23" tubing with the MM QS.
> Can you explain this?  When we prime 5 units, insulin drips out the end of
> the tubing and we are using the same set and tubing as you are.
> I am confused why it took 12.6 to fill the 23" tubing.
> Help!!!
> Marion
> It sounds to me like Sylvia ran a *test* and did not push the tubing full of
> insulin by hand first, but let it prime with the pump motor and battery to
> see the exact amount registered for the prime to fill the entire tubing. I
> highly doubt she nor Josh will prime it this way again. (~_^)
> @
> \(/

???????????????????????? We manually prime til we see insulin coming out of
the set;  Then, we use the pump to prime 5 units after the tubing and
resevoir are connected  and the tubing is full and it leaks out the other
end.  Where is the 12.6 units coming from?  We us the pump motor to prime.
This is more confusing than before.