Re: [IP] 508/Paradigm occlusion alarms

In a message dated 3/11/2002 9:09:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> would be a meal or two bolus(es) somewhere in that 5 or 10
> hours, no? That would trigger it much sooner. Sure makes me wonder how I've
> managed to survive 51+ years with one shot a day, pee tests

>From 5 p.m. (dinner) til morning Gabe generally does not snack.  He eats a
big dinner and we have not encouraged snacking.   That is at least 13 hours
with no bolus and only basals.

I don't know how you survived it all; even with all our advanced technology,
I sometimes wonder how I survive; Gabe is a different story; he takes it all
in stride as long as his activity (jumping, blading, swimming, etc) is not
limited nor his food choices (he is willing to give up most snacks but eats
anything he wants at meals ) and provided he doesn't have to miss more than a
minute or two of recess to take care of his diabetes.  I am afraid to tell
you that I even do his arm blood sugar checks while he continues to play
Nintendo, least he lose the game he is playing.