Re: [IP] FYI Free monitors at Meijer

In a message dated 3/11/02 10:42:01 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Should I stay with Minimed (paradigm) or go with one of the other companies?
> They don't carry anything but Minimed in my area (at least that's all the
> doctors use) and I wonder if my doctor will let me switch (don't I still
> have to have his approval/prescription?)
> Barb

It should be your choice which pump you use. I don't know what you mean that
they don't *carry* anything but Minimed in your area...all pumps are
available in the US. If you choose a different pump I would think all you
need to do is educate your team. Our team primarily uses Disetronic but they
have patients on MM and Animas is starting to get strong as they learn about
it. My daughter was the first our CDE had out on an Animas and we learned
together...now she loves them but they use them all because each of us has
different needs. Good luck!