[IP] 508/Paradigm occlusion alarms

>>>Don't forget the OCCULSION ALARM.  7.2  units for the Minimed 508 and 3
for the Paradigm.  Big difference in safety for a small child taking small
basals.  At Gabe's basal rate it would take the 508 about 10 hours to alarm
and the Paradigm only about 5....makes me feel better anyway. Marion>>>

Certainly there would be a meal or two bolus(es) somewhere in that 5 or 10
hours, no? That would trigger it much sooner. Sure makes me wonder how I've
managed to survive 51+ years with one shot a day, pee tests, no BGs 'cept
every 3 mos. at the lab for 33 years, then on my pumps that delivered whole
units only for 10 years with one basal rate without Humalog until 12/98.  I
didn't go to college until '89 one semester taking 2 classes and I took to
the pump like a fish thrown back into water. My best to Gabe in his endeavor
at pumping for his disease. (~_^)

\(/ Janduh (62 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at
once. -Jennifer Unlimited-