RE: [IP] Re: I'd like to be outraged for a minute

<He told me up front that once I was released from the hospital, I would
probably know more about diabetes than most any doctor>

That's more or less the speech I got from the FP that diagnosed me.  I think
his exact words were, "There is no one that will be a greater expert in
managing your diabetes than you."  How right he was, God rest his soul.  I
have been very fortunate, living a few miles from the Diabetes Research
Institute (Miami) and their wonderful staff, finding great pump-focused
endo's in the cities I've lived in.  The educational and consulting
resources available to me have been outstanding.