Re: [IP] Battery Life

The battery for the Paradigm last about 2 weeks, of course depending on which
options are being used, basal rates, and overall insulin use.

The batteries for the 508 last on average 4-6 weeks, and around here in
Cleveland, Ohio you can purchase them at Marc's for $0.99 each if your
insurance does not cover them, however most insurance policies here cover

Looks like the overall price is about equal,  ~$3.00.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
2002 ADA 'Call to Congress: Conquer Diabetes' Participant (May 1-3, 2002)
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >20 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications and waiting for them to happen." - -
- Mary Tyler Moore

Please pray for my oldest friend, Sandi Pompili, as she battles Leukemia and
now recovers prepares from a Bone Marrow Transplant on March 6, 2002.  She
has a long road to recovery.