[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #171

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] I'd like to be outraged for a moment
> In a message dated 3/10/02 11:57:13 AM, email @ redacted writes:
> << Patience,  I have let it be known at our local military hospital where we
> get
> our medical treatment that when Josh is ever there for anything that I am in
> charge of his diabetes.  I've had one doctor tell me other wise but he
> quickly learned that he had no choice.  It was in the ER.  You have to let
> these guys with their 'I AM God'  ideals that unless they truly know what
> they are doing with regards to diabetes then they need to step aside to let
> some one who DOES know a little bit to take over. >>
> What is wrong with this picture??

Nothing. That is Josh's MOTHER and Josh is a MINOR. Just right that she is
'in charge', since it seems half if not more of the hospital staff around
this nation is stuck back in the 70's in re: diabetes care. You want maybe
that she walk out the door and leave her son at the mercy of some sawbones
who might not even be pediatrician? Let alone who might not know a DANG
thang about diabetes? Nah, didn't think so.

Sorry, the days of "Oh, yes God, I mean Doctor" are well and truly OVER <G>

Jenny Sutherland
mailto:email @ redacted