[IP] Re: another paradigm question

I was looking into the Paradigm for Noah (who now uses a Mini-Med
507C).  We are very pleased with the 507, but the waterproof feature
appealed to us.  I checked out MiniMed's website and the Paradigm's
features.  It says it is watertight with an asterisk.  The asterisk
explains up to 8' deep for 30 minutes.  This didn't convince me it
was waterproof for swimming in pools, lakes, etc. so I called
Mini-Med and the customer service person said it is not waterproof.
She said it was okay for showering and splashing around in, but not
okay to be fully submerged in water for swimming without the hard
plastic guard like you need for the other Mini-Med pumps.  So, we are
sticking to the 507.  Plus, with Noah still going through puberty,
his insulin needs may increase such that 176 units wouldn't last him
the usual 3-4 days we not get between site changes.

I just wanted to make people aware of what I found out in case that
is the primary reason you're considering switching to the Paradigm.

Cindy, mom to 15 y/o pumping Noah (dx age 9), and 11 y/o Micah, wife
to Steve