RE: [IP] I'd like to be outraged for a moment

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Jennifer Harkleroad wrote:

> I am already worrying about a hysterectomy I have scheduled for May 20. Does
> anyone have any advice on who to talk to before I go in?  Anesthesia?
> Nurses?
> Who can give me the ok to be in charge of my D while I am there to avoid these
> conflicts?  Also, do I get to leave my pump on during surgery?  I have never
> used my arm as a site, but I would if they will let me stay on the pump.  It
> makes me nervous to go back to MDI after the pump as far as doses, etc.
Make an appointment with the Anesthesiologist and discuss your pump,
etc... with him. Let your endo know and give him the name of the doc. He
may want to recommend a specific anest.... for you. This person is the
most important person in the OR team. His/her job is to keep you stable
and alive during surgery. The surgeon is just the mechanic.