Re: [IP] I'd like to be outraged for a moment

In a message dated 03/10/2002 3:38:56 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subj:RE: [IP] I'd like to be outraged for a moment
> Date:03/10/2002 3:38:56 PM Central Standard Time
> From:    email @ redacted (Jennifer Harkleroad)
> Sender:    email @ redacted
> To:    email @ redacted
>

> I am already worrying about a hysterectomy I have scheduled for May 20. Does
> anyone have any advice on who to talk to before I go in?  Anesthesia?
> Nurses?

I have had several surgeries with the pump on.  when the anesthetist ask what
med i tell him im on the pump and we discuss it then  i ask what range he
would like my glucose in and they usually reply 150 - 180 they would rather
it be higher than lower so i tell him what i would decreas my basal slightly
hours before and during surgery and then back to nornal settings in the
recovery room.  It has caused me  no problems  good luck