Re: [IP] I'd like to be outraged for a moment

"You Will take the pump OFF" (oh that was his first
mistake).  I kindly told him no I was going to leave it on.  He then
said  "Well I am the Doctor and I am telling you to take it off" (he
he  second mistake).  After a few minutes of "talking"  I handed him the
card of my Endo team and told him to call them and say just what he did to
me.  After a few minutes on the phone with my team he quickly came back and
kindly said "I decided to let you leave the pump on"  I just said  "sure
You did".

I'm catching on in the middle of this one today, but this tale sounds vaguely
familiar.  Though I have not gotten into any debates with any medical
"professionals" about my pump staying on or coming off, fortunately, I have
pasted all over my office my instructions should something go wrong and they
need to call EMS.  Very simply put, my instructions say who to call in what
order (ok...ems is first, followed by my nurse practitioner, then my mother <
with specific instructions to not talk to my father, because he wouldn't have
a clue what to do> if mother can't be found, they call my sister, and lastly
they call my primary care md.  That is followed in very big lettering,
italicized AND bolded, DO NOT LET ANYONE REMOVE MY INSULIN PUMP.  IF THEY
TRY, PUNCH THEM VERY HARD IN THE NOSE AND TELL THEM MY INSTRUCTIONS ARE MINE
AND UNTIL THEY HEAR FROM ME OR MY NP, THEY WILL LEAVE IT ALONE.

I figure any lawsuit that comes from ordering someone to punch someone in the
nose will be met with MY lawsuit of more annoyance to them than they could
ever imagine.

I hope I will never be in a situation where I will have to test this, but I
know that as long as I am conscience, my pump will stay on, by damn.

Will now go back and reread what I have missed!

Take care--
Fiona, the bitchy pumper