Re: [IP] I'd like to be outraged for a moment

Patience,  I have let it be known at our local military hospital where we get
our medical treatment that when Josh is ever there for anything that I am in
charge of his diabetes.  I've had one doctor tell me other wise but he
quickly learned that he had no choice.  It was in the ER.  You have to let
these guys with their 'I AM God'  ideals that unless they truly know what
they are doing with regards to diabetes then they need to step aside to let
some one who DOES know a little bit to take over.  Most doctors (notice I
said most, NOT all!) are not use to being told by a layman or especially just
a mom, with no initials behind her name, what to do.  But they need to be
told and you need to be firm.  YOU are the one living and dealing with this
disease 24/7, NOT them.  Soif they are just guessing then they need to let
someone else take over THAT aspect of the care.

BE FIRM and stand your ground.  YOU are INCHARGE of YOU!!!!

mom to Joshua