Re: [IP] I'd like to be outraged for a moment

Don't count as anything having been easier if your mom had been on a pump.
As the parent of a 17 year old that was severly dehydrated and went into DKA
after her tonsillectomy during school vacation, the pump made the hospital
staff very uncomfortable so they blamed everything that went wrong (AND
believe me , lots went wrong!) on her pump.
    I stayed with her the entire 6 days since all the problems first started
with staff that thought I was joking about a drug sensitivity and so when I
went to the restroom, they gave her the drug anyway ! It was an entire week
of nightmares!!
          Luckily my other diabetic teenager did wonderfully on his own.
Doreen-mom of 2 teenaged pumpers