Re: [IP] traveling

In a message dated 03/10/2002 8:43:21 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> <A HREF="mailto:email @ redacted">email @ redacted</A>

I have traveled a lot with my mm pump. I cruised for 15 days last October
--Security was very tight at the airports and on the Celebrity Zenith-- They
were very good about storing my extra insulin and had it marked very plain as
to who it belonged--I have had no problems with my pump at the airports or on
the ship.
   Be sure to double your requirements for everything -- I'm glad I did when
I was in New York-- We left monday and the 9/11 thing happened on Tuesday--
that is why you need extra everything for your diabetes. I keep a bottle of
NPH along with Humalog and syringes in the event of a pump problem on board
the ship.
     I have never had a pump failure but have had trouble with glucose
meters.  TAKE 2 METERS.
      Just have fun on the cruise - you will be ready for another when you
find out how nice people can be.
   Needlerok @ aol.com