Re: [IP] Comparison of pumps

From: email @ redacted
----

The Minimed is not a very reliable pump. You could be sitting down, and all
of a sudden it alarms. Alot of things go wrong with this pump very often.
The
only good thing about buying the 508, is that you will get upgraded to the
Paradigm. I like Disetronic the best... it is very reliable... and I never
had anything wrong with it yet (except for Low Battery alarms.) It is very
simple to do a site change with this pump, and it uses Prefilled Cartridges!
All you do is put the cartridge into the pump, and push the button, and it
starts priming.

Matthew,

Your profile says your are using a Disetronic D-Tron pump - how do you know
all of a sudden a MM 508 alarms for no reason? When did you switch from the
MM 508 to a D-Tron to make such an informed comparison? Are you going by
heresay? Seems the MM Quik-Set is suitable for use, however. I have been a
deliriously happy MiniMed user since '92 starting with the 506 for 6 years,
now the 507C. My next pump is already named and I plan to get a 508 when the
time comes. YMMV (~_^)

@