Re: [IP] H vs N and basals

> It looks like Novolog lasts longer?  Wouldn't that make it
> harder to check basals.  We're thinking of changing from H to get
> our 12 yo's post meal highs down.  The graphs on the links page use
> different measuring references, making it harder for a math
> challenged person like me.

For most Novolog or Humalog users you will see no practical
difference. There are some people (minority) that have very
differing response to some insulin analogs where the action time is
far from the norm indicated by the "graphs" supplied in the package
insert. Based on the reports I've seen so far, I would surmise that
the people that fall into this category have some kind of reaction to
the particular insulin and generally can't use it. Fortunately this
seems to be only for one or the other of the insulin analogs, not
both. There are some people on the list that have participated in the
Novolog study that was used for the FDA submission. They formerly
were using Humalog and reported no descernible difference between the
two in their pump. This is consistent with straight Humalog vs an H/R
mix -- which is used by some 6% of our members. There is no reported
noticeable difference from one to the other with respect to setting
basals, bolusing, etc...