Re: [IP] Pump Warrantys

> My minimed runs out of warranty next year.  I just found this out
> when I called last night because it keeps "no delivery" and we need
> to do an exchange.  They said after the warranty runs out it would
> cost us $600 to repair it.  I am still in shock.  If I had it to do
> over again I'd pick a pump that has a better (decent) warranty,
> instead of Minimed.

The warranty's of all the companies are basically the same in
duration. If your pump breaks out of warranty it becomes an insurance
issue, they are obligated by their contract of insurance to either
pay for the repair or purchase a new pump for you. Because the
warranty on the repair is very limited, the insurance company will
opt for a new pump -- I've never heard of a case where this was not