Re: [IP] The nature of the beast

In a message dated 3/8/2002 6:05:07 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> *I* want a pumpmama!!  <pouting>  I am a grownup, yes, but I don't have a
> backup person and I am stamping my foot these days in frustration and
> a bit sorry for myself.

It's not quite the same, but that's part of what the IP chat rooms can
provide!  Or what about finding a support group -- or creating one of your
>  Seriously (not that I wasn't serious ;-) ), once again I have to say:  You
> parents are the greatest.  I know for sure your kids don't truly GET IT, or
> appreciate you as the gods and goddesses you are, but they are very lucky!
Thanks!  I needed that!
I don't expect my daughter to appreciate what I do (at least not until she
grows up and is a mom herself) because ultimately I'm just doing what mom's
are supposed to do: love and care for their kids, keep them as safe as they
can and give them "roots and wings" so that they can become happy, productive
adults .  .  .  the fact that she has diabetes alters the details of "how" I
go about trying to do that, but it doesn't change my "mission."

Pump hugs to you!

Pumpmama to Katie