Re: [IP] Cannula length: Something to consider?

It is a good idea but a calibration curve of 40 BS/unit insulin would give 36 BS. To explain 263-120=143 insulin units so 40 BS/insulin units one would need 3.5+ units of insulins absent associated with the change in site, too much. If the change over is not going well something leaking, my finger bleeds or other my stress can go very high thus the associated BS. Something like writing to IP can give me a stress high for fear somebody is going to jump all over me.
> email @ redacted writes:
> > We bolused .8 (per the CDE) to fill the cannula...haven't forgotten that
> yet.
> >
> >   The high wasn't explainable by a missing .8....it was really high (263)
> and
> >
> >  resistant to correction.
> I think that means you're using the longer cannula version of the Quick-sets
> -- which I find surprising since Gabe is so thin -- BUT that might also
> explain why he had such problems with Quick-Sets in his abdomen and also why
> he had blood in the cannula more than once.  In the nine months that Katie's
> been pumping, every kid I heard of using the Quick-sets except one uses the
> short cannula version of the Quick-set (6mm  instead of the longer 9mm -- and
> 3mm is a big difference on a set that goes straight in).  You really might
> want to check this out, Marion.  If you are using the longer cannulas, it
> might be worth having Gabe try a set in his abdomen again using the micro
> cannula length -- then you'd be getting the faster absorbtion your looking
> for . . .
> Lyndy
> Pumpmama to Katie

Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.