[IP] The nature of the beast

In a message dated 3/8/2002 12:54:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Please don't get frustrated or blame yourself -- it's the nature of the
>  beast,

Got a rousing reminder of that this morning . . .  Katie woke up at 116,
right around where she wakes up every morning, ate the same cereal and
measured cup of milk she eats at least half the time on school days.  She
called me from school after doing her post-breakfast check at 9:00 am (before
snack & recess):
"Mom, I'm 306!"
"Did you wash your hands before you checked?"
"Yes. And I did a second check just to be sure. That one said 311!"
"Does your site look okay?  Any bubbles in the tubing? How do you feel?"
"Looks okay to me.  No bubbles. I feel fine."
"Stomach ache? Anything?
"I feel FINE."
"Sounds you did everything you're supposed to.  Do you know what your bolus
should be?
"Yeah.  4.1"
"Okay.  Do your bolus.  Drink a bottle of water, and call me back if you're
not under 240 in an hour and a half .  .  ."

(Three hours later I pick her up at school -- Friday is her short day)

"You never called me back."
"I was 125.  I didn't need to call you back."
"Oh. Yeah. Right."
"Where are we going for lunch? I'm starved!!!!!"

Where did that 306 come from?  Heaven only knows.
I certainly don't!   8-)

Pumpmama to Katie (11, email @ redacted)  happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis"
since 6-1-01 (latest A1c = 6.6)