[IP] Cannula length: Something to consider?

In a message dated 3/8/2002 9:06:51 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We bolused .8 (per the CDE) to fill the cannula...haven't forgotten that
>   The high wasn't explainable by a missing .8....it was really high (263)
>  resistant to correction.

I think that means you're using the longer cannula version of the Quick-sets
-- which I find surprising since Gabe is so thin -- BUT that might also
explain why he had such problems with Quick-Sets in his abdomen and also why
he had blood in the cannula more than once.  In the nine months that Katie's
been pumping, every kid I heard of using the Quick-sets except one uses the
short cannula version of the Quick-set (6mm  instead of the longer 9mm -- and
3mm is a big difference on a set that goes straight in).  You really might
want to check this out, Marion.  If you are using the longer cannulas, it
might be worth having Gabe try a set in his abdomen again using the micro
cannula length -- then you'd be getting the faster absorbtion your looking
for . . .

Pumpmama to Katie