Re: [IP] Need your help again

In a message dated 3/8/2002 6:24:50 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Perhaps you should not be reusing the reservoirs at this time. I think that
>  you and Gabe might consider following "best practices" only until you get
>  more confidence about what is going on.

Excellent recommendation -- same principle behind why you're having Gabe is
changing sets every 48 hours instead of every 3 days to start out with . . .

I also had one other idea for a possible source for the post site change
high:  Did you remember to to do the bolus to fill the "dead space" left in
the cannula after you remove the introducer needle?  We came close to
forgetting to do that bolus several times when Katie first started pumping.
I believe you're back to using the Quicksets and are probably using the
"micros" (6mm) cannulas -- that's a .3 bolus . . . if you perhaps forgot that
and had some bubbles, it could easily add up to a high.

Pumpmama to Katie